Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Come out come out where ever you are....

Fairies....where are you????  I have been building Fairy houses with my son in our yard, for the last 2-3 weeks.  He likes to call them Gnome houses.  It's a guy thing.  What a way to get carried away with, for a few hours.  Plus it is helping me to see my garden from a different vantage point, not to mention the cleaning up of debris around the perennials.  I love what a few innocent hours can do for your adult brain to help you get a good perspective on whats important in this world.


There is definitely a difference between my girl brain and his boy brain.  When I'm done I want to become the little gnome or fairy waiting till twilight to get my dibs on the digs.  My son on the other hand wants to bulldoze it to make way for the next Gnome Depot.  Go figure.

As far as my other "gardening" things go, I had mentioned that my window boxes were looking tired, well I think my little fairy friends have been helping out in that department because they are looking absolutely beautiful right now.  I'll take it, then pay it forward when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment