Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall air on Cape Cod

It is a glorious day on Cape Cod. The wind in blowing just enough to knock over the leaves in my son's Gnome house. He will think the little buggers are partying. heeheehee.

My window boxes are looking tired, to my standards, but this is yet a thing I have come to accept at this time of year. Soon I will decorate them with fall delisiousness.

I know for some the end of the summer is a bit depressing but for me it is a time of introspection and beginnings.

I can begin to plan for next years plants and the research charges me up with renewed energy.

I have new plans, (she says as she rings her hands together with a bit of a cackle). I will start a new shade bed, and possibly start a raised bed in the middle of the yard for vegetables next year.
Of course this is with out the written consent of my husband, but I will just tell him that there will be less to mow...right?

Maybe I will explore the possibilities of a drip irrigation, hoo hoo, another thing to research. Yes I love to research, the computer and old libraries will suck me away from life and I live a simple nomadic life with tea in hand. hmmmmm.

But back to reality. maybe not too soon, to dream is but a vital part of the human spirit, is it not?

Well wishes to all- Namaste' -nan

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I can totally relate. Fall is my favorite time or year as I look forward to it with open arms. Tea in hand and cool breezes to ease my hot flashes.....aaahhh!!!
    The great balance of nature....hee hee

    ReplyDelete